Sunday, February 10, 2013

7 Days to Successful Meal Planning: Day 3

Day 3: What does your week look like?

I know what you're thinking, "Good grief lady!!!  It's day 3 and we still don't have a meal on the plan!" Relax...we're getting closer.  Day 3 is all about planning your week.  I'm guessing you or your family are busy.  Regardless if it's sports, extra curricular activities, hanging out with friends, late night work meetings...we all have things going on and generally these events are cram packed right during or around meal time.  I can't tell you how many times I have come home from work and thought, "Let's just go out, I don't feel like cooking tonight or don't have time".  Well, maybe you don't have to if you plan out your week.

Map out your calender to best reflect what is going on during your week.   Call me a bit old fashion, but I maintain a family calendar right on my refrigerator.  I really like to have it mapped out right in front of me in Grand Central Station, otherwise known as my kitchen.  However you keep your schedule or whereever you keep your schedule you need it for day 3.

In my home we generally eat at the same time each night give or take 30 minutes.  It tends to keep the munchkins happy that way.  So I plan my meals based on what we are doing each night.   If we are going to be eating out one night, I write it on the calendar. If it's going to be a night where I won't have enough time to even warm something up between work and wherever we're running off to, I mark it off as a crockpot meal.  I do this for each day to ensure that I have the adequate meal planned out with as little stress involved as possible.  This generally takes me less than 90 seconds.  So don't you worry, this isn't as time consuming as reading this post is! :)  I also try to anticipate one "large" meal and put it at the end of the week...this is my, "Just in Case We Have Company" meal.

There you have it...it concludes day 3.  Know what you have going on during the week to plan accordingly.  You're not going to want to miss Day 4 as we're going to start putting food on your meal plan!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment